Sunday 28 April 2013

[cobirds] Pueblo birds 4/28

Photos of the male Black-and-white Warbler at Pueblo City Park can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonsbirdphotos/

This bird was found earlier in the morning, by the DFO Field Trip.  A big thanks to local birders, Pearle and Clif for calling me about this bird, otherwise I wouldn't have seen it!  Pueblo doesn't have a lot of birders, so when out of town birders come down here, and find something, it is always nice to get the word out sooner, rather than later, so other people can see it.  
 
Also, in the NE portion of Pueblo City Park, I saw a House Wren in the ravine, a Yellow-rumped Warbler (no big flock), a couple of Ruby-crowned Kinglets, and 20 or so Chipping Sparrows.

Below the dam, at Pueblo Reservoir, there were 200 or so Wilson's Phalaropes, and my first for the spring Solitary Sandpiper and Semipalmated Plover.

In the Osprey Picnic Area, in Rock Canyon, there was a singing House Wren, though not much else going on.

In Pueblo West, I saw my for the spring  Green-tailed Towhee, that Margie Joy found earlier in the day.  Thanks Margie!


Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment