Thursday 28 March 2013

[cobirds] Common Grackle and Mourning Dove, Louisville, Boulder County

I knew I should have posted this earlier. I had my first Common
Grackle last Friday, March 22, just before our big Saturday snow. I
really didn't want to "brag" about it because i know I'll probably be
invaded by a bunch of them all Spring and Summer. But I've not seen
one in the yard since then. (They can stay on Paula Hansley's side of
Louisville and visit me once a week.)

I did see my first Mourning Dove in the yard this morning and they
look so small next the Eurasian Collared Dove that briefly attempted
pecking order with it. I was glad to see the Mourning Dove hang in
there!

Sharon Norfleet
Louisville, Boulder County

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment