Monday 19 February 2024

[cobirds] Townsend’s Solitaire, Boulder County

Birders:

I pulled off of 75th Street between South Boulder Road and Baseline Road into Fairview Estates to make a cell phone call and while I was on hold,  a Townsend's Solitaire landed on the mirror on the right side of my Subaru!  I looked at it looking at me and couldn't take a picture because I was on the phone. (I went back to take px of it and to see if the bird would fly to my car again, but a man (a homeowner whose driveway I turned around in) blocked my way with his car and yelled at me. It was frightening. ) I had pulled onto the side of Wewota Way in front of his house to make my phone call.

I've never had a bird land on one of my side mirrors, plus I haven't seen any solitaires east of the foothills this winter.


Paula Hansley 
Louisville

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate.
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAHmCQtb3Du3%2Bnw4ek5zJzaPtDo7tfac%2B80peNB6DrMnke-BH8g%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment