Monday 18 January 2021

Re: [cobirds] Re: Short Eared Owl Weld NO

I drove up and down the road this evening. I unfortunately didn't see the SEOW but I was floored at how many Northern Harriers there were. I think at one point I saw 10-12 at the same time (attached is a picture I got of one of them). I also saw several bald eagles. 
Thanks again for the reported sighting, please check back if you happen to see it again.EV0A3103-Edit-2.jpg

On Monday, January 18, 2021 at 11:37:14 AM UTC-7 Matthew M wrote:
Thanks a lot Luke!
And it doesn't sound like a total loss of a day Susan ;). I'll try the same and check back if I spot it at any point.

On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 2:00:13 PM UTC-7 u5b2...@gmail.com wrote:
I hunted for it on that entire road, and the cross roads for hours, up until dusk, the very next day, and was unable to locate it. I did see a Rough-legged Hawk, Great-Horned Owl, several Red-tailed Hawks and Northern Harriers though. 🙂
Susan Rosine
Brighton

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021, 1:23 PM Luke Pheneger <pheneg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Matt, 

The SEOW was about here: 40°20'03.4"N 104°38'11.2"W. I don't believe its been seen since.


Luke Pheneger
Longmont

On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 7:37:16 AM UTC-7 mclachla...@gmail.com wrote:

Hey Luke!
That is so exciting to hear... can you provide a specific location and whether you've seen it again?

It's always been on my list to see one but I've never gotten lucky enough.

Thanks
Matt
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 5:14:41 PM UTC-7 pheneg...@gmail.com wrote:
Last night I had a SEOW along CR 48 in Weld. Came back tonight to get some pix and it was still here.


Luke Pheneger
Longmont

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/bb06377f-1ad5-44a3-beb8-b9a6507ad9a5n%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/8b62c009-b0b4-442a-b5f1-855a71b411ecn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment