Thursday 31 August 2017

[cobirds] Long-tailed Jaeger - Antero Res - Park Co.

Greetings -

Today while traveling home from an Elks backpacking trip, I needed to stretch my legs, so I swung into Antero.

There I located a Long-tailed Jaeger who insisted on making me chase him about on the lake before settling down just off the fishing spit where I was able to get good photos.

This bird appears a light-phased immature with a very white head and a different bird than the one found last weekend by Steve Mlodinow.  Thanks to a friend who helped me untangle my initial ID challenge when I was away from my car and a field guide.

Otherwise Antero is loaded with coots and thousands of ducks largely out of identification range (my legs not needing THAT much stretching).

Good birding, 
Kathy Mihm Dunning
Denver


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CADLK-OJaRVweGrz3Qu7vE_zspXP0Qbe9Y84PTV1E1h5SE0dakw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment