Sunday 5 June 2016

[cobirds] Scarlet Tanager at Monte Vista NWR

As I was lounging outside the bunkhouse of Monte Vista NWR this evening talking on the phone, I hurriedly hung up on my mom as a red blur shot past me into the nearby conifers. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the black wings of a Scarlet Tanager and yelled into the bunkhouse to get more eyes on this beauty. He hung around for at least 20 minutes or so, giving us excellent views and hopping from the ground to the lowest branches of the trees. This area is not publicly accessible, but if he's still hanging around tomorrow I'm happy to have visitors come by while we're at the bunkhouse. I'll give an update in the morning!

Good birding,
Casey Setash

(Photo credit: Katherine Scott, my field technician)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAF5BbTsnq7KHaLv0mUGacddcaBsz1L6VGxg_U%2BBfKvD5DBtWsw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment