Wednesday 12 August 2015

[cobirds] Re: Prairie Warbler - Ken Caryl Valley, Jefferson Co - CHANGE

Very sorry to bother the list with this stuff! But I have had a family need arise arise and I will NOT be able to meet anyone to try for the bird later today. However, I am thinking of trying Friday morning early (starting 6:30), when I'll have about an hour or so to try for it. If anyone would like to join me then, send an email and we can confirm.  Again, sorry to the list.

David

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 11:41 AM, David Suddjian <dsuddjian@gmail.com> wrote:
This morning I had a young Prairie Warbler in Ken Caryl Valley at the Lyons hogback north of Massey Draw. This area is open to residents of Ken Caryl only. But I am willing to meet folks today at both 2 pm and 5:30 pm and walk up to the spot to try for the bird. I realize these are not very good times of day to look for a warbler in warm Gambel oak habitat! And there is a fair amount of habitat, so it may not be reasonable to expect it to appear in the same spot as I saw it. It will be warm, and there is a 50% chance of showers this evening. But these are the only times I can offer today and I'm not available tomorrow.

If you want to come and try, take Ken Caryl Avenue west toward the hills from C470. After leaving the highway go a short way on Ken Caryl, then take the right fork at the first signal (with Valley Road) and pull off on the right in the small parking area that is immediately past the fork. The walk is about 1/2 a mile on a single track trail that climbs gently.

Send me an email if you plan to come at one of those times. 

David Suddjian
Littleton, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAGj6Rop6tU6eiWwWxZbVTUwAdEuJbsyyvi1M3NugCLoHdwFFSg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment