Saturday 29 November 2014

[cobirds] Chatfield State Park, Douglas County

I went to look for the Red-necked Grebe at Chatfield, which I did not find, but I saw lot's of other Grebes. From the Douglas County side, I had around 32 Eared Grebes in a group, then there was a separate group of 12 Pied-billed Grebe, and lastly another separate group of 30 Western Grebes. I counted 4, Common Loons on the Douglas County side also. While I was looking from the old Heron Rookery location, an adult Bald Eagle, sat in a Ponderosa Pine 15 feet from where I was standing. This female Bald seemed to care less about my presence.
Near the marina, there were 4, Common Goldeneye, and many American Coot, and a couple of Tree Sparrows. I visited the Park at 2pm.
 
Happy BIrding!
Tina Jones
Littleton, Jefferson County, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment