Wednesday 7 May 2014

[cobirds] Glossy and hybrid plegadis ibis, Eastern Phoebe and foy Cassin's Kingbird in Canon City area

There was a very large flock of plegadis ibis in Florence this morning (Wednesday) numbering between 250 and 300.  I observed two birds that had field marks consistent with Glossy Ibis and one that was clearly a hybrid.  The two Glossy Ibis were actively feeding so moving in and out of the flock so I couldn't get reasonable photos of them.  They hybrid had bathed then stayed in one spot to groom so I did get several good photos showing the line of blue bare skin going around the back of the eye.  It is showed a reddish caste to it's eyes and plum coloration to the bare skin between the lines of bare skin.  I have uploaded these photos to my Birds and Nature blog.

I refound an Eastern Phoebe at the Florence River Park, I suspect the same one I reported over a week ago and saw again two days ago (but failed to note it in my post as I was fighting off a bout of acute bronchitis that was likely facilitated by the blowing dust in the Lamar area during last week's big dust storms there)..  I haven't seen the Black Phoebe in that area for several weeks.

I found a first of the year Cassin's Kingbird near Brush Hollow Reservoir. 

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAUvckphK1vB65tXMmT50_Xnms4OnVL7UUgBvJmuiaJy%2BBJzzg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment