It was a fairly quiet afternoon at Barr Lake. There are definite signs of spring, however. Yesterday I was there and saw the Ospreys back on their pole for the first time this year. Also, there was a FOS Chipping Sparrow. Today added Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Eastern Phoebe (on the waters edge just a bit north of the banding station), six White-faced Ibis flying over (there was one there yesterday as well), multiple kestrels, and about a half dozen Say's Phoebes. I also had Swainson's Thrush, very active hawks of most varieties and a Myrtle's Yellow-rumped Warbler. I only spent an hour there and I'm calling in slow, but I did have over 40 species in that time.
It was funny to see the dozens of posts earlier this week. Snow, sleet, high winds, lousy road conditions - and all the birders were out in force. Storms=birds. Apparently, birders CAN be trained. Now if we could only put the toilet seat down.
John Breitsch
Denver, Colorado
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cobirds/-/hkiYBdOAQnkJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
No comments:
Post a Comment