Wednesday 15 July 2020

[cobirds] Grey Jay; white breasted nuthatch

On July 15th I saw a white breasted nuthatch on Hecla Drive in Lafayette in a tree on the south side of  the grounds of the Balfour assisted living facility  (the one on east side of street)  at 12:30 p.m.   A few minutes later, I saw a grey jay in the field south just south of the facility.   At about 6 p.m. I saw a Cooper's hawk in the field behind Walmart on Hgwy 287 in Lafayette.   At Wanaka Lake, the Swainson's hawk's nest has at least two chicks (I thought I saw a third last week, but since then have only been able to see two), and they are growing by leaps and bounds.  The two great blue heron chicks that were hatched on Hecla Pond left the nest, stopped crashing into trees and flew away finally - I miss watching them. 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/e1e53f08-e40a-4936-93fd-4c18dc63d3f8o%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment