Sunday, 14 October 2018

[cobirds] Possible Yellow-throated Warbler in Longmont!

I loaded my feeders yesterday in advance of the coming snow. Today (Sunday), there was a flurry of activty with the usual suspects, as wel as some White-crowned Sparrows and Dark-eyed Juncos. The big surprise came at 2:45 PM when I happened to glance at the feeder in time to see a small bird fliltting in an out of cedar branches. The body was overall black and white. The bird had a very distinctive yellow throat and a very white eye stripe. There was no other coloration on the bird at all. I ruled out Grace's and Blackburnian because the eye stripe was all white. My best guess is that this was a Yellow-throated Warbler in west Longmont.

Any other sightings of this specie in the area?

Kat Bradley-Bennett
Longmont

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/fddb22c3-ced1-4a18-b24b-1b3b87c4073b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment