Saturday 25 August 2018

[cobirds] Lesser Goldfinch and hummingbird species at Lowell Ponds today

Hi Cobirders
I found a Lesser Goldfinch among some American Goldfinches and House Finches at Lowell 
ponds (Adams County) this morning about 8:05. It brings my list at Lowell ponds to 127. I got the best look at the humming bird that I've had since the first sighting on June 20 this year. It is dark, without noticeable contrast. There is a white spot behind the eye. It is not noticeably large.I have found Bushtits there often since June 28, but didn't think they were so unexpected to post. I watch the former Lowell Ponds State Wildlife area south of I-76, and N. of the Clear Creek bike path, between Lowell Blvd. and Tennyson.
Good birding. Bob Canter, Denver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/59bc7bca-6322-4f04-9e9d-06858799ab4d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment