Friday 16 February 2018

[cobirds] Fwd: Leucistic dark morph Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk in Otero County

I think I wasn't clear enough that the leucistic feathers on this bird are on the distal wings so not visible in the head on photo of the hawk perched you see when first go to my blog. To see the other photos where the leucistic feathering is shown requires you to click on 'Read more' to go to full blog post after you go to http//BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com 

SeEtta Moss
Canon City

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "SeEttaM ." <seettam@gmail.com>
Date: Feb 15, 2018 11:54 PM
Subject: Leucistic dark morph Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk in Otero County
To: <cobirds@googlegroups.com>
Cc:

On my drive back from an extended trip to the Rio Grande Valley of Texas I spotted several dark morph Harlan's Red-tailed Hawks including one apparent leucism.  I usually see several Harlan's Hawks every year but I have never seen a leucistic one and it was most striking.  I have uploaded several photos of the bird onto my Birds and Nature blog.

It was a productive drive from Lamar to Canon City with a total of 36 Red-tailed Hawks (including several Harlan's) and 1 Northern Harrier viewed as I drove down H50.  This corridor is usually quite productive for raptors but was especially so this trip.

My blog has some interesting birds I photographed in the Rio Grande Valley including Blue Bunting and Rose-throated Becard for those interested.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAUvckrMUN4Hww60Kp2jJstmRmdRz-rx0bKL3%3DMfwvbM9PXRPw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment