Friday 28 April 2017

[cobirds] Bldr Cnty: house wrens & missing phoebe

Hi folks--
Hope that this will be acceptable, although some sentences do not contain Colorado news!

Just returned from Bosque/Apache & then Chiricahuas, where I did not find spring all that much advanced, but had a great time learning new birdsongs. Warblers were trickling in...

Phoenix was 101F several days ago, and a fire near Sonoita was persisting, although Raton & Palmer Divide both had snow. Crazy weather.

I found that the dear Say's Phoebes who had started courting in our yard (year 10) before I left have gone missing. My heart breaks: Cooper's tragedy? Those awful House Sparrow bullies? I'll never know. I mention this because several of you share my affection for these birds.

Meanwhile, House Wrens were here when I got back. So the yard will be filled with their bubbly songs, if little else.

Linda



Linda Andes-Georges
Boulder County (W of Lagerman, N of Haystack, E of Table Mtn)
[Jean-Pierre says: W of Paris, S of Quebec, E of Tahiti]
8417 Stirrup Ln
Longmont CO 80503
Tel. 720 668 5214




No comments:

Post a Comment