Friday 23 September 2016

[cobirds] Re: Juv. Sabine's Gull, Baseline Res, Bldr Cty, 9/23

While eating lunch, I saw your post, and stopped out there about 1:40 or so.  Saw several gulls out on the water, but no sign of this one.  I looked up and down the shore, it was standing on the sand fairly close to me just across the street from Stearns.  Got a couple minutes of good looks, the black bill is distinctive.  I haven't seen one before, It would have taken me awhile to figure it out for what it is.  I snapped a couple of quick pictures for ID purposes, one is attached.  As I watched it, it headed out into the reservoir, and then finally flew towards the south end of the res.  It landed on the water, but I didn't watch it much after that. 

Also saw a few Western Grebes, a little flock of Ruddy Duck, and some Common Mergansers. No sign of a loon, other than the one standing on the shore with binoculars (as my wife always says!). 

Happy Birding -

Jeff Parks
Boulder, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/fe27dc81-3d7e-4e05-a0fe-34011791e97f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment