Wednesday 20 January 2016

[cobirds] Possible Curve-billed Thrasher

Hi all, I was at Barr Lake State Park on Sunday and decided to check out the first shelterbelt when you turn into the park off of Picadilly for owls. In the middle of the tangle I ended up seeing what looked very much to me like a Curve-billed Thrasher (greyish, no obvious speckling on breast, thick decurved bill).  I didn't manage to get a picture, however.  The soonest I MAY be able to get back out there is on Friday afternoon.  I heard that Long-billed Thrashers have been reported wintering in/around(?) the area before and that it could've been one of those.  Again, it didn't look like a Long-billed to me, but I'd be happy to have one of those on my bird list instead if anyone wants to go out there and find what I saw.  

I hesitated to post sooner for fear of disturbing the owls too much,

Jamie Simo
Longmont


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/0c21c1cc-bf94-4efa-9838-751d6d803b00%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment