Wednesday 18 September 2024

[cobirds] The new Mount Zion Hawk Watch, Golden – clarification

On September 12 when I posted about the new hawk watch site, I called it Mount Zion Hawk Watch at Windy Gap Park (Jefferson County).
That is incorrect.
The real name is Mount Zion Hawk Watch at Windy Saddle Park (Jefferson County).
 I realized that yesterday when someone wanted to  join us in counting migrating hawks this fall, and when I looked for directions, I couldn't find any such location as I had put in the wrong name (Gap instead of  Saddle). I corrected the name yesterday, and yesterday's report from Hawkcount gives the correct name.

 I was able to get directions to the correct spot by either putting in "Windy Saddle Park"; or "Mount Zion, Colorado" (if you don't enter Colorado it gives you directions to Zion National Park!)

Today a DFO member emailed me about the discrepancy in the name, so I thought I would clarify.

 We don't go up every day, and if anyone is interested in helping us spot raptors, or interested in learning how to identify raptors in flight, drop me a personal email, and I'll  let you know when we go to the watch next. We will be going  there tomorrow, Thursday from around 2 PM onward. If you want to come, we'll see you there with your binoculars.

We are planning a DFO trip  early next month to the site.

 Ajit and Liza Antony


--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate.
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/2c15c1dc-b0d4-453d-9899-463e5c931660n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment