Thursday 29 August 2013

RE: [cobirds] Clark's Nutcracker in El Paso County

I saw 2 Clark's Nutcrackers at Kettle Lakes on the Air Force Academy this past weekend - about the same elevation. It was my first sighting of them in that location.
 
Gloria Nikolai
Colorado Springs
 
> From: garykoehn@gmail.com
> Subject: [cobirds] Clark's Nutcracker in El Paso County
> Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 08:40:46 -0600
> To: cobirds@googlegroups.com
>
> I have been impressed by the number of Clark's Nutcrackers I have been seeing in my neighborhood this past week in Cedar Heights, a development just west of Manitou Springs, El Paso County, elevation about 6500 feet. I saw 20 to 30 CLNU on a half hour walk just this morning. I have not seen this bird here for the past 10 years. I can't help but think that the Waldo Canyon burn scar, which is just over the ridge from us, has something to do with it. It also looks like we have a good crop of Pinyon cones this year.
>
> Gary Koehn
> Colorado Springs
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/539513A8-46F0-4202-84B4-5AE74A2901A4%40gmail.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment