Thursday 29 August 2013

[cobirds] Clark's Nutcracker in El Paso County

I have been impressed by the number of Clark's Nutcrackers I have been seeing in my neighborhood this past week in Cedar Heights, a development just west of Manitou Springs, El Paso County, elevation about 6500 feet. I saw 20 to 30 CLNU on a half hour walk just this morning. I have not seen this bird here for the past 10 years. I can't help but think that the Waldo Canyon burn scar, which is just over the ridge from us, has something to do with it. It also looks like we have a good crop of Pinyon cones this year.

Gary Koehn
Colorado Springs

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/539513A8-46F0-4202-84B4-5AE74A2901A4%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment