Tuesday 20 August 2013

[cobirds] Free conference, Denver, Aug. 27th, on noise in natural communities

Hello, Birders.


I'm writing to let you know about an interesting and important daylong symposium in Denver, Denver County, on Tuesday, Aug. 27th: "Noise in Communities and Natural Areas: A Free Public Outreach Workshop." The symposium is free, but online registration is required.


Decidedly birder-oriented speakers include Julie Zickefoose and Jesse Barber.


I, personally, consider the issue of noise to be a biggie for birders. I think about noise pollution every time I try to listen to birds but instead hear airplanes at Walden Ponds, Boulder County; I think about noise pollution whenever I'm recording birdsong near a road; and I think about noise pollution every time I'm camping and dozing off to the sounds of generators and bug zappers. I'm not sure what the answers are, but maybe this symposium will enlighten us.


Register online and get full details here:




Ted Floyd

tedfloyd57@hotmail.com

Lafayette, Boulder County, Colorado 

No comments:

Post a Comment