Sunday 25 August 2013

[cobirds] Fwd: Arizona Woodpecker in Lakewood

Thought I would forward this..

Mary Driscoll
Unincorporated Arapahoe Co.


Begin forwarded message:

From: <elenyte@comcast.net>
Date: August 25, 2013, 2:03:09 PM MDT
To: <rba@cfobirds.org>
Subject: Arizona Woodpecker in Lakewood

Hi,

My name is Helen Poelker
Phone (303) 238-3741
Address is 9730 W 23rd Ave Lakewood, CO 80215
1/2 block east of Kipling St.

Around noon today I spotted a Flicker and an unknown bird at our suet feeder. The unknown was a brown bird with a speckled breast and a beak and tail much shorter than the Flicker.

I checked the What A Bird web site and immediately recognized it as an Arizona Woodpecker.

Then I searched the web and found the Colorado Birds Google Group and your posting for rare bird sightings by day.

I hope this helps.

Helen Poelker


No comments:

Post a Comment