Monday 25 August 2014

[cobirds] Western Tanagers moving through Canon City in good numbers

Yesterday I saw about 2 dozen migrating Western Tanagers along the Arkansas River as it runs through Canon City.  I got a couple of photos of one who hawd just had a quick bath in a ditch that I have posted on my Birds and Nature blog

Today I checked Brush Hollow State Wildlife Area.  Though fairly quiet bird-wise, there was a singing bird I believe was an American Redstart though since I did not see I would hate to call it with the potential for mimicking (especially since Ted Floyd recorded a Yellow-breasted Chat that sounded perfectly like a Curve-billed Thrasher)

And a late report:  I watched a Western Screech-Owl in a tree in my backyard last week for 45 minutes.   That is the second time since I have lived a few hundred yards from the greenbelt around the Canon City Riverwalk that I have spotted one of these in my yard.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City


SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAUvckpLtkxV4FXS4DkKZFy_GajgZ39x7yq_VqUZ0mokwYHxLg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment