Monday 26 November 2012

[cobirds] Re: RFI Monument area

Clarification- my specific target list is as follows:

Rough-legged Hawk
Most of the owls (except Great Horned and Barn)
Northern Shrike
American Tree Sparrow
Snow Bunting (possible?)
Rosy-finches
Evening Grosbeak
Common Redpoll
And any rarity that might show up :)

Thanks and good birding!

Caleb Frome 
TX Century Club Youth Member 
Dallas, TX


On Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:30:04 PM UTC-6, Caleb Frome wrote:
Hi all,
I'm a Texan but I'll be in Monument, CO (just north of CO Springs) for a wedding this coming weekend.  Can anyone recommend any good birding spots around there?
I've been birding in CO several times before, so I have seen most of your common species, but I have some target birds I'd like to find this time around.  Specifically, I'm hoping for birds that I can't see at home in Texas – such as Rough-legged Hawk, Northern Shrike, American Tree Sparrow, and maybe some rosy-finches or Evening Grosbeaks at feeders.  Anything you can tell me will help! :)

Good birding!

Caleb Frome
TX Century Club Youth Member
Dallas, TX

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cobirds/-/C2luQbjnK4oJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment