Friday 30 November 2012

[cobirds] Pueblo birds 11/30

I got to Pueblo City Park around 8am to the Headquarters area and it was quiet, so walked along the Arkansas River on the North side, west toward the Pueblo Nature Center.  I turned around after checking the large pond east of the Pueblo Nature Center.  My only highlight along here, were 15 Eastern Bluebirds, probably the flock I haven't seen in Rock Canyon for a while.

When I got back to Pueblo City Park around 915am, I quickly saw the Yellow-throated Warbler in the sycamore tree, just east of the Headquarters.  I also saw the adult male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and a Pygmy Nuthatch

I decided to check out inside the Pueblo Zoo, and the Yellow-rumped Warblers were in there, no Pine or Yellow-throated, though there was a Common Yellowthroat, hanging out on the ground.  I also saw a female Williamson's Sapsucker and a Red Crossbill.   

I only checked one spot at Pueblo Reservoir on the way home, and I saw a Pacific Loon and a Common Loon, they were off West Fisherman's Point.

Just a reminder, there is a race in Pueblo tomorrow, people will be running a Half Marathon, from Pueblo City Park, below City Park, west all the way through the Pueblo Nature Center and Rock Canyon.  So, birding might be difficult on the trails tomorrow, with all the runners.

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment