Sunday 25 November 2012

[cobirds] More Pueblo birds 11/25

No one else was able to see the Yellow-throated Warbler or the immature male Pine Warbler today, they disappeared and who knows where they go.  Several people, Mark Yaeger, Clif Smith, Paul Hurtado, and I saw the continuing adult male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in the big oak tree in the north eastern part of Pueblo City Park.  Paul and I walked over to the eastern part of the Zoo, and we were seeing Yellow-rumped Warblers from the parking lot (the Zoo doesn't open until noon on Sundays), so we didn't go in there.  Weekdays and Saturdays, I think the Zoo opens at 9am, I'll think I'll try to get in there soon, and look over the warbler flock and see if the rare warblers are going in there or not.  The two rare warblers were hanging around a Yellow-rumped Warbler, mostly in the tall sycamore tree, above the headquarters building.  Both birds were also, in smaller trees across the road to the east, this is where I was able to get photos of both birds.  I didn't hear or see any of rarer mountain birds today, though I didn't really get over to the Frisbee Creek Area, so hopefully some of them are still around.

At the South Marina tires at Pueblo Reservoir, besides for the adult Great Black-backed Gull, there was a first year Lesser Black-backed Gull (which I hadn't seen this fall, until today), and two Thayer's Gulls (one adult and one juvenile).  I didn't see any adult Lesser Black-backed Gull today, I did see one this past Thursday.

Good birding,

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment