Monday 23 September 2013

[cobirds] Pueblo 9/23 (Laughing Gull)

Hi all,

The adult basic Laughing Gull (first seen on 1 Sept 2013) continues at Pueblo Reservoir, sitting on the beach with other gulls at Sailboard launching area at 7am or so this morning.  The bird appears to be somewhat regular here, very early in the morning, then flies off.
 
Below Pueblo Reservoir dam, before the wind got blowing too much, I saw a Townsend's Warbler, it was on the north side of the Arkansas River, just north of the footbridge that goes over the river, near Snakeskin Picnic Area.  Not too much else else of note, except for my first Slate-colored Junco of the fall, and an American White Pelican sitting on rocks in the middle of the Arkansas River, west of the footbridge.  The pelican has been around here since Friday.  I did see the bird fly this morning, so I guess it is healthy, though I haven't seen it catching fish.  I rarely see this species along the river, much more often on Pueblo Reservoir.

Good birding,

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment