Tuesday 24 September 2013

[cobirds] Crow Valley CG (Weld) on 23Sept2013

Crow Valley had a good variety of birds this morning but no rarities that I found, nor were there lots of individuals.  I had a total of 51 species, with the best being:

Veery (1 heard, call only)
Cassin's Kingbird (2)
American Pipit (1 heard overhead)
Belted Kingfisher (heard, when was the last time one of these was at Crow?)
Hermit Thrush (several)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (several)
Yellow-rumped Warbler (several)
Lincoln's Sparrow (several)
Orange-crowned Warbler (several)
Townsend's Solitaire (several)
Western Tanager (2)
Rock Wren (1)
Mountain Bluebird (2, FOS at low elevation for me)
Dark-eyed Junco (5, all pink-sided)
Red-breasted Nuthatch (1)
White-breasted Nuthatch (1 interior/mountain type)
Plumbeous Vireo (1)
Cassin's Vireo (1)
Cordilleran Flycatcher (1)
Hammond's Flycatcher (1)
Least Flycatcher (2)
Townsend's Warbler (2)
Longspur sp. or spp. (think I heard both McCown's and Lapland flying over)
no sapsucker
no Swainson's Thrush

Comment: it has been several years since I have seen the vegetation on the prairie as dense and tall as it is now.  Some of the kochia weeds were brushing the bottom of my slung-over-my-shoulder camera's telephoto lens.

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment