Tuesday 24 September 2013

[cobirds] Black Phoebe in Canon City Riverwalk area; Warbler fest in Canon City area downgraded to just a picnic

This morning I returned to Red Canyon Park (8 miles north of Canon City on Red Canyon Road) for a hour or so of birding. There were still warblers feeding in some of the hackberry trees but fewer and activity was down to a low roar.  Yellow-rumps were predominate and all I saw were Audubon's.  There were still a few Townsend's left but only one or two Wilson's Warblers plus at least 2 Ruby-crowned Kinglets.  A nice flock of Bushtits made up for the reduced warbler action while the Townsend's Solitaires serenaded from nearby.  I hear Pinyon Jays but the only jay species I saw today was Western Scub Jay.  I have uploaded a couple of photos of Yellow-rumps I took today onto my Birds and Nature blog.  (I also uploaded photos I took at Ramsey Canyon Preserve in AZ earlier this month of a female Black-chinned Hummingbird feeding her fledgling and one of the fledgling perched alone). 

Around noontime when I got back into Canon City I stopped briefly by the Canon City Riverwalk near the Sell's Lake parking lot.  I heard then saw a Black Phoebe. 

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Personal blog @ http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAUvckoaqm2KsPLo4RK1M-7Bg5ML6YdaVmWbGFn7aNxvReJDaQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment