Wednesday 1 August 2012

[cobirds] RIP Candace Stuart, Denver Wild Bird Center

The birding community lost a good friend Saturday when the SUV driven by Candace Stuart, owner of the Wild Bird Center on S. Colorado Blvd., was hit by a criminal fleeing Aurora Police.  She operated the Wild Bird Center for 18 years.

 

I happened to see a news report on Channel 4 yesterday and called the Wild Bird Center.  I spoke to the assistant manager. The funeral arrangements have not been announced.  I was a customer of Candace’s for more than 10 years when I lived in NE Denver.  She was always smiling and had a cat and a parrot that added something special to the store.  Candace and her staff were very well informed and helpful as I bought feeders and other birdwatching gear  as well as seed there.  She posted bird sightings and sometimes led trips.

 

The news story said donations in her memory could be made to the Wild B.I.R.D. rehab center, operated by Debby Strimple,  who is the manager of the South Colo. Denver WBC.  My thoughts and prayers are with her sister and those who worked with her.  I will post an update when I get service info.

 

Peggy Gonder, APR

Gonder Public Relations

Westminster, CO 80031

303-321-3465  phone

Peggy.Gonder@GonderPR.com

www.GonderPublicRelations.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment