Friday 24 August 2012

[cobirds] No Brewster's Warbler yesterday or today...

I only got to look for about 10 minutes yesterday before being run off by the weather. But I know several were staked out looking all day; and by the absence of any report, I assume it was not seen yesterday. I spent an hour this morning and did not find it either.

 

But Manitou Lake is quite birdy today.

 

At the spillway: no sign of the northern waterthrush, but lots of wilson’s, yellow-rumped, yellow and a few macgillivray’s warblers. Mostly wilson’s and yellow-rumped.

 

Lots of spizella sparrows in the fields and flying up to nearby trees when one passes. I also believe I may have had a clay-colored sparrow. I will have to check my photos when uploaded for sure. I spent more time trying to get a photo of it than trying to id through binos.

 

Jeff J Jones

(jjones@jonestc.com)

Teller County - 8500' - Montane Woodlands

 

No comments:

Post a Comment