Thursday, 23 August 2012

[cobirds] Juniper Titmice and singing Bewick's Wren in Red Canyon Park, north of Canon City

Making up for lost time when I wasn't able to do much birding, I went back to Red Canyon Park (8 miles north of Canon City) to enjoy the birds in the pinyon-juniper and scrub oak while the temps were nice.  I found a singing Bewick's Wren, that was a nice treat.  Lots of Chipping Sparrows and Western Scrub Jays and a few Stellars too.  I did not refind the Gray Flycatchers though I returned to where they were foraging just a few days before--maybe they have left on migration.

There were good numbers of Juniper Titmice and I was able to get some nice close up photos of them from my car.  I have uploaded them to my Birds and Nature blog.  On my way home I spotted a juvenile Cooper's Hawk fly into some shrubs after some small birds.  I got photos of it, also on my blog, looking like it can't figure out where the little birdies it was after went

SeEtta Moss
.  Canon City
Blogging for Birds and Blooms magazine @ http://birdsandbloomsblog.com/author/seetta-moss/
Personal blog @ BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment