Thursday 23 August 2012

[cobirds] Juniper Titmice and singing Bewick's Wren in Red Canyon Park, north of Canon City

Making up for lost time when I wasn't able to do much birding, I went back to Red Canyon Park (8 miles north of Canon City) to enjoy the birds in the pinyon-juniper and scrub oak while the temps were nice.  I found a singing Bewick's Wren, that was a nice treat.  Lots of Chipping Sparrows and Western Scrub Jays and a few Stellars too.  I did not refind the Gray Flycatchers though I returned to where they were foraging just a few days before--maybe they have left on migration.

There were good numbers of Juniper Titmice and I was able to get some nice close up photos of them from my car.  I have uploaded them to my Birds and Nature blog.  On my way home I spotted a juvenile Cooper's Hawk fly into some shrubs after some small birds.  I got photos of it, also on my blog, looking like it can't figure out where the little birdies it was after went

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Blogging for Birds and Blooms magazine @ http://birdsandbloomsblog.com/author/seetta-moss/
Personal blog @ BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment