Saturday 19 December 2020

Re: [cobirds] eBird Alerts NONE since December 15th

They are not in my spam folder.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020, 6:42 PM mblackford <mblackford@fastmail.com> wrote:
Check your junk or spam folders.  My alerts started going to the spam folder.

Maureen Blackford



-------- Original message --------
From: Eric DeFonso <bay.wren@gmail.com>
Date: 12/19/20 6:31 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: Susan Rosine <u5b2mtdna@gmail.com>
Cc: Colorado Birds <cobirds@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] eBird Alerts NONE since December 15th

Hi Susan,

About a week or two ago I stopped receiving Hotspot Needs alerts by email. Soon thereafter I found out that eBird no longer supports those alerts, which is unfortunate since I found those to be quite fun and useful and have several of them in my alerts "folder" on the website. But alas, I'll not be seeing those in email anymore.

There was also a time recently when I seemed not to be receiving County or State level Needs Alerts, but I can't confirm that since it's a slow month anyway and I don't think there were any birds passing through that would have triggered an alert. I can say though that lately I am still receiving County level Needs Alerts - I just got two this morning.

The upshot: if you have hotspot alerts, those will no longer be coming through. I can attest that larger-scale Needs Alerts are still showing up. I can't speak to Rare Bird Alerts though, since I'm not subscribed to any of those.

Eric

p.s. I have gmail, but I never seem to get eBird alerts sent to my Spam folders. Your mileage may differ though. (On rare occasions my CoBirds messages do show up there.)

-------
Eric DeFonso
near Lyons, Boulder County, CO


On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 6:18 PM Susan Rosine <u5b2mtdna@gmail.com> wrote:
How many other people are no longer getting alerts? The last ones I got were on the 15th. I went to the Facebook community for eBird, and someone said they unsubscribed, then resubscribed to get the alerts again. I tried that, and it didn't work. 
Susan Rosine
Brighton CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CACPnx8W7wGy5dO%2B7RRwty9xYuqFU3dxNEYh3xADfUJ2x5fM7Rg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAFjVA_aH%3D%2BFK5cG4Q_QWWTq90WfWUcihQLu0U1mpQQmXZ6mzSQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CACPnx8WB50xd_4hPTztK8Y0R%3DyGr%3D_zHXWOu4yY_nG2kN2dwXA%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment