Tuesday 28 August 2018

[cobirds] Cassin's Vireo, CSR, El Paso Co., Tues

Hey COBirders,

Oh, well. It was much slower today banding at Clear Spring Ranch, and seemingly all of the arrivals from yesterday departed overnight.  I asked if anybody saw huge numbers at Chico Basin Ranch yesterday to coincide with the pulse here.  Bill Maynard said no, it was quiet.

There were a few surprises today anyhow. (that's why I do this - every day is different, and coming around the corner and seeing an unusual bird in the net is like Christmas!).

Cassin's Vireo, juv.  Second this season (and ever at CSR for me)
Orange-crowned Warblers (juv M, Ad F). I had never caught OCWA's in August at CSR, and now I've had 4. Previous earliest arrival was 9/2
Yellow Warbler (ad F). These are mostly gone now. I only catch a handful after Labor Day
Brewer's Sparrows (3 juv), now 14 for the season, previous high was 7.
MacGillivray's Warbler (Ad F). #8 this month - most falls I only catch 1-2.

It continues to be interesting. You gotta love migration!

More soon, 
Steve Brown
Colo Spgs

No comments:

Post a Comment