Saturday 29 August 2015

[cobirds] Pawnee (Weld) and CR 5 (Larimer) 8/29

Hi Everyone,

 

I walked around Crow Valley Campground and the creek north of it this morning 8/29. A few migrants were evident: flocks of Wilson’s Warblers, a Townsend’s Warbler, a Western Wood-Pewee. I heard 5 Soras and saw one. I got a glimpse of a Marsh Wren. I flushed a Wilson’s Snipe. There were 5 American Coots. A Blue-winged Teal was in a pool of the creek at the SW corner. WCR 100/75/102 had two Grasshopper Sparrows, a Clay-colored Sparrow, a Brewer’s Sparrow, lots of Vesper Sparrows, a Lark Sparrow, lots of young Lark Buntings, two Chestnut-collared Longspurs heard. I checked the city park in Grover, but it was pretty quiet except for Killdeer. I spent the afternoon on Larimer CR 5, driving and walking the first 3 miles. Two Sage Thrashers were still around, along with two Brewer’s Sparrows, lots of Vesper Sparrows, a Lark Sparrow, and lots of Lark Buntings. No Grasshoppers and no Baird’s.

 

Mark Miller

Longmont, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment