Tuesday 23 September 2014

Re: [cobirds] Passing of Richard Beidleman, Colorado Ornithologist

Hi all,

I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to share my condolences about the passing of Dr. Beidleman. I only met him once, shortly after I had just moved to Colorado and was still quite new to the kind of birding I do now. I attended a weeklong birding seminar he hosted with the Rocky Mountain Nature Association, where he led outings each day to various parts of Rocky Mtn Natl Park in late June. Although that was really the only time I interacted with him personally, he left a remarkable impression on me, all of it positive. I remember him being a really hilarious, joyous guy. His love of birds was so evident and really infectious. I was so impressed to with his energy level, and even though he was getting up there in years you could tell he was still as sharp as a carpet tack. Over the years, some of his turns of phrase still ring through my head, like the concept of "bird time" and the mnemonic expression for what the Cordilleran Flycatcher says. After the seminar, he even remembered to send me by mail a report he wrote that I requested - that's how thoughtful he was as well.

He is already missed.

Eric


On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 1:34 AM, 'arvind panjabi' via Colorado Birds <cobirds@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Dear Co-birds,

I'm passing on the sad news of the passing Richard Beidleman, an important contributor to Colorado Ornithology.  Please continue reading below to learn about his life-long contributions to ornithology and education, as well as the upcoming service to celebrate his life.  

--
Eric DeFonso
Boulder, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAFjVA_b2p7faf8XQLC1wSQCUkNQxFZLjnKZaC5f7ECq-EvGJWw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment