Tuesday 23 September 2014

[cobirds] Sabine's gull, Chatfield, Arapahoe county

Thanks to everyone's observations and directions as to finding the Sabine's gulls, I was able to find them today without any problem. I saw three of them. (Life bird!) They were easy to find off the sand spit near the marina. They were so easy to identify that it makes me wonder if they could truly be an authentic gull!
I also saw two female yellow headed blackbird in a large flock of generic blackbirds. I didn't see any male yellow headed blackbirds or any red winged black birds with them. Most of them seemed to be brewers blackbird's but there were also some cow birds there as well.

There were quite a few white pelicans, double crested cormorants and Western grebes. I wasn't able to find the red phalaropes. Drat.
Deb Carstensen, Littleton, Arapahoe County.

Sent from my iPhone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/81B7C56F-811D-44C4-ADFF-9DF133263EAE%40aol.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment