Friday 19 September 2014

[cobirds] Pueblo birding 9/19


It was a birdy morning, below Pueblo Reservoir dam.  I first checked all my sometimes "good" bushes near the Snakeskin/Cottonwood Picnic Area parking lots on the south side of the river.  This area I saw a Red-naped Sapsucker, a Cassin's Vireo, a Townsend's Warbler among other birds.  I walked across the footbridge, and walked east, and then turned right on the dirt path, this area is usually good too, and there was another Townsend's Warbler in the trees here.

Then, I drove over to the Osprey Picnic Area in Rock Canyon, and the eastern portion of the picnic area was really birdy, with the highlight being another Cassin's Vireo.

There were lots of Wilson's and Yellow-rumped Warblers to look at, as well as a Yellow Warbler and an Orange-crowned Warbler, and a Warbling Vireo.
 
Good birding,

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO  

No comments:

Post a Comment