Friday 27 December 2013

[cobirds] White Winged Crossbill in Mt. Evans Wilderness Area

Mt. Evans Wilderness area, on the Rest House Trail four miles in from the Echo Lake trailhead. I found one adult male White Winged Crossbill atop a tall Lodgepole, singing. I heard others nearby, but I didn't see them. They moved on quickly, as crossbills do. I saw Red Crossbills in the area as well. This was my first White Winged, but as I saw it in very good light (I was even able to discern the crossed bill) I can be confident in the identification. 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/89ca785d-f891-42df-8269-e8533cf0eb36%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment