Wednesday 25 December 2013

[cobirds] Pinyon Jays on the front range

The small flock of Pinyon Jays that have visited my feeders for 13 years is somewhat reliable these days,

Along with Pygmy and White-breasted Nuthatch, Mountain Chickadee, Steller’s Jay, Black-billed Magpie, House Finch,

American Goldfinch, Hairy Woodpecker, and 4 races of Junco (have not seen White-winged lately).  Clark’s Nutcracker is

casual (I hear one most days), as well as Common Raven.

 

Have not heard pygmy owl (often do in Feb and/or March), and it’s 80 days early for Mountain Bluebird!

 

Call first if you want pinyon jay on your Boulder County, Larimer County, 2013, or 2014 list…. My property is

In Larimer County, but my south fence line (50 yards south of the feeders) is Boulder County.   Ooooo, a 2-fer!

 

I’ll be home for the holidays.

 

Raymond Davis - at 6,000 ft. 4 mi. NW of Lyons   303-823-5332

 

"Another belief of mine:  That everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."

Margaret Atwood.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment