Tuesday 19 February 2013

[cobirds] RFI: Black/Brown-Capped Rosyfinches & South Platte Park Gulls

Hello all, 
I'm a birder from Seattle who will be working just south of Denver Wednesday though Friday and I hope to find a little time to seek out some lifers while in the area. My big needs are Black Rosy-Finch and Brown-Capped Rosy-Finch. I have no idea how doable this is, but I would appreciate any information on possible Rosy-Finch spots within a couple hour drive of Denver. 

Additionally, it looks like there a couple of good (for me) Gulls that have been reported in South Platte Park, specifically Glaucus, Lesser Black-Backed and Iceland. I won't have a scope with me so I'm curious if I'd stand a shot of finding these with only binoculars. 

Thanks for you help!

Josh Adams
Lynnwood, WA

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cobirds/-/k0uahaU-M20J.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment