Monday 6 August 2012

[cobirds] Pueblo County: Very Large Female Hummingbird, Brown Thrasher

Drove back up to my sister's place between Colorado City and Beulah for the third day in a row. Met another birder on the way. We both thought the bird visiting her feeder was a female Magnificent. The habitat around my sisters place is perfect for this bird. I still stand behind my instincts that we did see a Mag...but due to controversy over the photos I posted to CFO Facebook page (some, I admit, were wrong) I have deleted that album and have posted one on my Facebook page with the title Very Large Female Hummingbird. Just mocking myself here.
Just a reminder this private property. No public access.
.
There was also a Brown Thrasher in her yard. A little high in elevation for that species...but then...as we all know...birds do not read the field guides.

Polly Wren Neldner
La Veta, CO


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment