Thursday 30 July 2015

[cobirds] Williamson Sapsucker morning, Larimer Co.

As I went out on the deck of our vacation home in Estes Park this lovely Thursday morning, I spotted a juvenile female Williamson's Sapsucker checking out several small ponderosa pines. Later, as I took my morning walk to bird and buy today's newspaper, I saw another juvenile female Williamson's Sapsucker on Mary's Lake Road between Lower Broadview and "Just" Broadview" and a female Williamson's flying with another Williamson's that I was not able to identify (probably another juvenile female) on Riverside Drive between Prospect Park Drive and the Manor RV Park. It was quite a surprise to see so many in one day. I also saw a female or immature Black-chinned or Ruby-throated Hummingbird along Lower Broadview west of Mary's Lake Road.


Jim Nelson
Bethesda, Maryland

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/26906907.688634.1438272432703.JavaMail.root%40vms170019.mailsrvcs.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment