Thursday 23 July 2015

[cobirds] Spotted Sandpiper chicks and parent still at Florence River Park

I have been checking on the Spotted Sandpiper chicks and parent I posted about 3 days ago.  Though the area in Florence River Park is fraught with hazards (such as off leash dogs, men engaged in gold panning and horses) the parent is still guarding chicks.  I was fearful 3 days ago that men  who were gold panning right where the chicks and parent had been, and who had a large off leash dog with them, would have scared the parent off (which would have been deadly for the young chicks even if they had hid from the dog) but I refound the parent and chicks later that evening.  When I refound the 2 chicks 2 days ago I got two more pics that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature blog.  Yesterday and today I refound the parent but I didn't time to refind the chicks. Given the parents guarding behavior I expect the one or both chicks are ok. 

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAUvckqsD4jFgPZX1ujeNx24k2khxPePbfs226ywb%2BVnMBHX%3Dw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment