Monday 20 July 2015

[cobirds] another EA Wood Pewee far from home (Boulder County)

Steve M's report on the Eastern Wood Pewee in Logan reminded me that I had one on a transect along the Picture Rock Trail (south of Lyons) a few weeks ago. I thought I was hallucinating: most unlikely place!

Habitat was ponderosa pine savanna at about 6300 ft. The Pewee called and called--a nostalgic moment for me, as I heard them during all of my youth in the Shenandoah Valley.

What are they doing here, do you think?

Linda Andes-Georges
central Boulder Cnty

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/403AACCD-F143-4E16-9B27-A49DBDFE1622%40comcast.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment