Wednesday 26 November 2014

[cobirds] African Collared-Dove (?), Louisville, Boulder County

I haven't been following CObirds carefully in the past few weeks, so I was dismayed that I had missed the very informative discussion on the African Collared-Dove.  Early last week, a white dove flew into my front yard with about 15 Eurasian Collared-Doves, which had their usual color.  The mystery dove was the same size, but was almost pure white on its back as well as its breast.  I wish I had looked for a pattern or absence of a pattern under its tail!

That was the first time this fall I've had that many doves.  Usually, I have two ECDOs and one MODO.  

Perhaps, someone else in Louisville will see this flock and the white dove!

Paula Hansley




--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CANF-7hp%3DCwOgxtJXmQ7u93kpUj8WrpZxp9nTCQi%2B-MLvBFKESA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment