Saturday 27 April 2013

[cobirds] Prospect Park, Jeffco, Apr 26, 2013

Yesterday at Prospect Park in Jeffco, I had the same sort of experience that Meredith did today at Chatfield.  Only saw 2 Say’s Phoebes, lots of RW Blackbirds, a few Common Grackles, 1 Spotted Sandpiper, quite a few divers on the big lakes, and 32+ active Double-crested Cormorant nests on the island.  I also saw 2 Great Blue Herons that were sitting on nests in the big tree too.  So, wait for the next storm for more good birds!

 

I do still have a few juncos (Slate-colored, Gray-headed, and Pink-sided) today as well as the one Chipping Sparrow under my feeders.  Yesterday White-crowned Sparrows and ORJUncos were still under the feeders too.  So far, no BT Hummingbird yet at my feeders.

 

Kay

 

Kayleen A. Niyo, Ph.D.

Niyo Scientific Communications

5651 Garnet St.

Golden, CO 80403

303.679.6646

Kay@KayNiyo.com; www.KayNiyo.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment