Tuesday 30 April 2013

[cobirds] Gull ID Question - Cherry Creek SP, CO - Arapahoe County

I saw a gull today off of the bird observatory platform that I am not sure of the ID.
Definitely larger than the Ring-billed Gulls it was near, and it seemed larger than the California Gulls that were farther off along the shore. It didn't see quite big enough to be a Herring, but size can be deceiving.
 
I have three sad little pictures here if anyone wants to give me their thoughts.  I'm going to keep my thoughts of Juvenile Thayer's to myself so I don't sound overly stupid. 
 
 
 
 
John Breitsch
Denver, Colorado

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cobirds/-/fWouInI9gY0J.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment