Tuesday 30 April 2013

[cobirds] Boulder Common Redpoll, etc.

This evening I saw and photographed a male Common Redpoll in my yard.  Other interesting birds here today:
Broad-tailed Hummingbird, at least 2 male and 2 female (I may have had only one male for the past week until today)
Western Scrub-Jay, 1 (infrequent yard bird)
Red-breasted Nuthatch, 1
Chipping Sparrow, 1 today, 2 yesterday
Lazuli Bunting, 2 male
Cassin's Finch, 10 (more than I've been getting)
Pine Siskin, 10 (more than I've been getting)
Lesser Goldfinch, 1 male "green-backed" (Without checking, I'm pretty sure this is earlier than usual for my yard)
 
And, my usual foothills species.  I suspect the next couple of days in the state could be interesting.

David Waltman
6,000 feet, 1/2 way between Boulder and Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment