Monday, 28 September 2026

Re: [cobirds] "Low elevation" Pine Grosbeak at High Grade Road, Jefferson Co

Last week in Roxborough saw a Stellar's Jay in the back yard for only the 3rd time in nearly 30 years.

Jim Tyler
Roxborough

On 9/28/2026 6:47 AM, Brad Dobson wrote:
Interesting. We had a number of Steller's Jays here recently on the west side of
Loveland and I see a number of reports further East, almost all
2026: I usually have to get up into the forest a little more to see them.

David Suddjian <dsuddjian@gmail.com> writes:

Now much bird reporting is happening on the list, so I thought I'd chime in with a report of Pine Grosbeak this morning at 7,150' elevation in
Ponderosa / Douglas-fir forest along High Grade Road in Jeff Co near Littleton. eBird does not have any other records for the county between
mid-Aug to late Oct, and most are from late winter into early spring.

David Suddjian
Littleton CO

-- 


No comments:

Post a Comment